The long and winding journey...

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

This is the way we were.

Amiel was telling us something over lunch today. He said he managed to see some of the pics of their barkada from last year. For some reason, they seem nothing more than a distant memory to him at best. Who would have thought things would turn out so differently?

Hmmm... Come to think of it, last year to me is also just that, a distant memory. There were the times we would eat as one big group at La Casita (or some nearby place), the time almost all of them were irritated with me (and I had no idea then), the times the barkada ran into... difficulties and arguments, those were all just a year ago. It's amazing to see how fast things can change.

Since the start of this year, I've met a heck of a lot of people (Ellen, Pearl, Kris, Eunice, Kakach, Gino, Val, Rika, Mike, and Ross, just for starters) and I'm much closer now to S19 than I ever thought possible. There are also my other friends in the other blocks and those who are froshies. Yet, there are still those times my mind wanders back to those memories with my original S18 barkada. I'm not so close to them anymore, but we still hang out every now and then.

Maybe that's the way life is. Are we really bound to move from one circle of friends to another? Maybe it's just a way of adjusting in college, to who we're really comfortable with. Or maybe it's just fate. It's a rough answer, but that's all I could think of right now. It probably means I need more sleep! So that's what I'm gonna do... Sleep. :D

Forza!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home