The long and winding journey...

Thursday, October 28, 2004

It's happened... as has everything else.

Yes, my blog is stale. I haven't posted in almost a week. I've barely slept for almost a week. But at least I've been playing Diablo II for almost a week. And some other thoughts:

1. I've gotten a Sun number already! (0922-42266800) Then again, so has Ellen, Joyce Iglesia, Grace, JP, Guchi, Francis Lim, Andrew Lim, and a host of others. Switch to Sun na rin! (Yikes, Taglish!)

2. We ARE going to Cebu this weekend. (Yey!) That means some R&R for me. I really need it right now. Then again, almost all of us in school do.

3. Since we are going to Cebu this weekend, we went to the cemeteries last weekend. Now, I'm not one for going to cemeteries (and seeing all sorts of tombs and burial spots). It's nice to remember your dead, but the idea of death really creeps me out. It's one of my really big fears, death. Maybe I'm just not ready for it yet. Haaaaay....

4. So far, DBAPDEV has been merciless. We have requirements every week, an evening lab session weekly, and tons of programming to boot. I even heard we have another assignment for next week! The profs don't seem to care it's All Saints' Day weekend, when people usually use the time to reflect and rest. It seems so absurd to me (who's used to no assignments this time of year). It just plain sucks.

5. Speaking of All Saints' Day, All Souls' Day (November 2) will be a working holiday. Malacanang said that was so that the laborers could get the wage they so badly need, or something to that effect. What?! It makes no sense to me. The workers (like us students) are tired enough as it is. The Palace seem to love 3-day weekends, but abhor 4-day ones. Oh well...

6. Speaking of the government, they're pretty much in a mess right now. Despite all of their talk, they've been really trying to calm down the fracas over corruption in the military. The scale of the corruption at the top has been sickening. Honestly, I haven't seen anything this huge this side of Erap and his mansions. Miriam has picked the right side this time, let's hope she actually has the conviction to stick to it this time. Those Oakwood guys, sincere or not, were serious with what they were saying back then. Darn. If only we had listened.

7. On a lighter note, the Formula 1 season is done. JPM won in Brazil from Kimi (Did he psyche the Iceman out?), while the Ferraris were only 3rd and 7th. No matter. The race didn't matter to the Scuderia anymore anyway. What DOES matter is Melbourne 2005, and that's what have been focusing on for months now. Who'd bet against Schumi next year?

Also, the Ferrari-Lego 1:10 scale has come out. It's one of many Ferrari-Lego models released a month ago or so that cater to various ages. So far though, that model looks the hottest. It costs a bit over P4,000. But who cares??? I want one!!!!!

Phew! That's a lot! That's what I get when I'm too busy with DBAPDEV and Diablo II. Oh well. I'll see if I can post again before I leave for Cebu for the weekend. That should be a lot of fun. :p

Forza!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home