The long and winding journey...

Monday, September 13, 2004

How do you feel today?

I knew today was the day I'd get bounced back to reality. And so it was as I entered my first class.

SYANAD1 (Systems Analysis and Design 1) had more than a hint of deja vu. Half the people there were my classmates in MANACON (Management Concepts, a prerequisite of SYANAD1 where our class occupied the same time slot last term)! I knew a great bulk of the people there, and soon our prof came in. Ma'am Jane Bacong looked competent, smart, yet... makulit! That was a good sign for me. She was no Sir Ona. Sir Ona lectures very well, but he is a nightmare requirements-wise. Ma'am Jane at least is hopefully going to be a bit easier on the nerves. That is, if she gets to hang on to our class. Otherwise, we will have one more term under Sir Ona.

Then came SDPROJ1 (SYANAD1 Project) with Ma'am Mavi Pineda. She's nice, straight to the point, and filled with experience. (Yes, that's good!) There's only 16 students (still on the brink of dissolvement!), so there's no problem in terms of getting along with us. Almost all 16 of us know each other anyway. There was this cute moment though while we were getting the attendance. Andrea decided to add an extra column to the usual Name, ID# and Signature. It was asking, "How do you feel today?" It gave everyone a bit of a laugh. :D

After that was my new Megabreak. Unlike last term, when it was around five hours twice a week, it will now be around four hours once a week (Mondays). I had lunch twice, once with RC, and the other with Val, Ross, Ellen and the gang. (assuming iced tea is lunch...:D) From there, I got my tuition receipt from Accounting when I bumped into Kit. We talked about some stuff when I decided to take a look at the new receipt and my EAF (which has the amount due) this term. Then I realized something was VERY wrong.

My dad swapped two numbers on the check, meaning my tuition payment was short by P270.00. Fortunately, I managed to have enough money to pay the balance right there and then. (Thank you, Kit!!!) After that, she had to go to adjust and I played billiards with Popoy again at The Venue. The cue stick wasn't good to me, as I lost 4-1 today! From Venue, I headed to my FORMDEV (Formation Development) class.

Yes, you read it right, I have FORMDEV, which is meant to be a freshman subject. Why? Because when I WAS supposed to take it (3rd term last year), the people at the Registrar's ended up NOT putting FORMDEV on the EAF. (In case you're not from DLSU, the EAF also serves as a list of subjects I'm taking this term.) When I found out I was almost the only one who didn't take it, the term had already started. I was too lazy to do late adjustment, so I decided to take it with the froshies this school year.

And so far, it's been very interesting. First, I'm the ONLY one in their class not from their block (S11 C2T8), or batch for that matter. So I'm on the outside looking in. When we had an activity where we had to write positive qualities about our classmates, practically no one (except Mango) knew me. As a result, I basically saw a bunch of question marks, umms, and ellipses on my cardboard. Second, it looks like the curriculum and methodology hasn't changed much from 2 terms ago. Adding the fact I've been in La Salle schools for God knows how long (1992, methinks... See 'If I were to live my whole life again...'), I kind of end up in a situation where it's going to be a bit more predictable for me. (After all, it's St. John Baptist de La Salle we're talking about here. We've been taught his life practically every year of my La Salle Greenhills schooling! :D) Unlike my new classmates, I won't be that surprised with what's going to happen next, or for the rest of this term for that matter. Yes, I know I should still expect some new things here. But it's like when you're going to watch a movie, then someone told you the bulk of the story before you get to watch it. Despite all that, I think I'm still going to enjoy FORMDEV very much for many other reasons. The path I'm taking is a bizarrely unique one, don't you think? ;)

Anyway, after leaving school, I dropped by Rockwell (yet again) to wait for my mom to finish her work. From there, it was on to SM Megamall to get some processed pix, then to Galleria to pick my dad up. All in all, it's a usual day, with some... aberrations. :)

For me though, tomorrow is the real test. I have four subjects, three of them in a row. And I might not even get to watch La Salle-Ateneo tomorrow because of class. Dang! :( O well... We will just see. That's all for now.

Forza!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home