The long and winding journey...

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

If I were to live my whole life again...

...I'd still rather be a Lasallista pa rin!

Sounds familiar? It should... If it doesn't, its from a song entitled "I'd Rather Be Green Than Be Blue", written and performed by LSGH alumni for that school's ruby (40th) anniversary back in 1999. (I remember watching that concert... :D) Anyway, THAT was playing on my PC while I was answering a La Salle survey from Pearl at Friendster. It looked rather interesting to me.

Anyway, La Salle, La Salle... For some strange reason, despite my dad being an out-and-out Lasallite, I almost didn't end up at La Salle. I was supposed to enroll at THE Ateneo, of all places! But my dad checked there too late and I wasn't able to apply there. The same applied for UP Integrated School and Claret. And as fate would have it, only La Salle Greenhills was still accepting applicants. So my dad checked, I ended up there, and my upbringing with St. La Salle began.

I've been in La Salle schools since 1992 (a long, long time ago), and I've had my ups and downs in it. I can't imagine how much I owe the Brothers in terms of what I've learned, academically and values-wise. (Then again, the P60000/year tuition in LSGH and P135000/year tuition in DLSU should more than make up for that. Hahaha!) La Salle has provided me with great education from outstanding teachers (with certain exceptions, of course), a lot of friends, and new buildings every year! (Did you notice that pretty much every major La Salle school has a construction project every year? :D) Sure, some say that La Salle is a rich kid's school (which, indeed, it is), but there's much more to it than it. Just ask other La Salle students, faculty, and alumni.

Whatever happens to me in my life, I will always be filled with gratitude for La Salle. They contributed a lot to what I am now. Wouldn't you agree? :)

Wow... another emotional entry. =)) That's it for now.

Animo La Salle!

P.S. Good luck sa atin sa Final 4! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home