The long and winding journey...

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Wowee zowee!!! And then some.

Well, what can I say? Thanks a bunch to those who posted... At least I know this is going pretty well. ;) And look, there are already people telling me I'm a nerd! (I really should've seen that coming...) Anyway, I'll still be adding stuff here, hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow or Tuesday, so that it's gonna be much, much better... :D

At least the blog made up for what's been an awfully boring day... Not much to do except watch TV, surf, eat, and sleep! At least until a friend of mine texted me to write her a retlet/palanca for her retreat this weekend. (And it needs to be handwritten, of all things!!! I need to send it via LBC.) =))

That made me think. Do we still need retreats like we did in high school? I mean, college can (no, DOES) really drain the life out of you. We all need time to relax, time to reflect, time to focus on the more important things in life, like family and friends. Breaks are nice, but we usually tend to overlook that kind of stuff I mentioned. Yes, we do have LASARET now, but I think we need something on a yearly basis. It should help us keep life in perspective and that college isn't all about grades. Something to think about, really... :D

I've pretty much run out of thoughts! That's it for tonight, I guess. Keep on postin!

Forza!

P.S. Wow, I'm really getting hooked on this... ;)

4 Comments:

  • yeahh, we need a break. not that we're not having this term break.. but, hell, it's just a week [or is it two?] well, one or two, we need a longer break. ryt?! [not that it's not long.. pero, grb eh, sa break na toh, aalalahanin pa yng pagenrol, pagadjust and stuff] eerr.. nakakastress.. lalong iiksi buhay natin niyan. not to mention having wrinkles. hahahah :)

    ~ellenz

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 5, 2004 at 11:03 PM  

  • do we think about our family and friends during our retreats? I thought it's more about our spiritual growth. =P we could acquire the same things you wanted during our sembreaks by spending time with our family and friends--without worrying about our grades. but I guess a day spent solely with all our friends is hard to come by. plus going to a...less hectic place is relaxing too. (can't say I'm not looking forward to LASARET.~.^) ->rochi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 6, 2004 at 11:59 AM  

  • Rochi! Kasama na rin yung family and friends dun... Spiritual growth cannot be achieved alone. :D

    By Blogger friendly-journeyer, at September 6, 2004 at 12:11 PM  

  • well, you got it ryt.. we surely need a break to reflect and to focus... i mean with all these bloody subjects hanggin around..surely need some time offs! heheheh!!!!

    GO IRON CHEFSS!!!!!! NYAHAHAHHAHAH!!!!! (HOW WEIRD..)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 7, 2004 at 10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home