The long and winding journey...

Sunday, September 19, 2004

What a difference a year makes...

...especially for the DLSU and ADMU basketball squads.

Just last year, they met in the semis, the Eagles with the twice-to-beat advantage. Though our Archers pushed them to the limit, the Eagles squeaked through to the Finals in the decider. I also remember the fights that characterized the series as a physical one. In the end, FEU walloped a tired Ateneo. But the bottom line is, they beat us.

Fast forward to today. Once again, they met in the semis, but now with the Archers having the twice-to-beat advantage. We surely didn't need to be asked (or in this case beaten) twice. Although it was very close in the 1st half, La Salle mauled Ateneo in the 3rd quarter to start pulling away. Since then, the boys from Katipunan never even had a chance. We at home cheered as hard as we could. Our Alma Mater was in the Finals. We beat them.

And so it is our turn to meet FEU in the finals, bringing along our 8-game winning streak. They will be a much tougher foe, but I hope our team can bring home the bacon again. :)

It was the only highlight in what was otherwise a boring day. I got a haircut at Acropolis, but nothing of importance happened there. When I got home, MotoGP was on, but nothing of worth happened there either. It may be nice, but it's no Formula 1. So with that, it was on to my... assignments. First off, I finished the first of two reaction papers for JPRIZAL, which was pretty easy. Since I don't have the source to do the second, that gets moved to tomorrow. Meanwhile, I started snooping around for my DBAPDEV research. I found some sources, but I don't know what I need EXACTLY in the research. (I only have a rough idea.) That means I'll be asking around tomorrow. Man, this is gonna be a stretch...

Just last year, I was still in cruise control at the start of the 2nd term. Now, it's work, work, work... Darn.

Anyway, that's all for now. I got to go!

Animo La Salle!

2 Comments:

  • statistically, DLSU did have the advantage. And of course the will power to win. Only belief in themselves made them where they are today. Animo La Salle, Animo Ateneo.

    By Blogger j0hulk, at September 20, 2004 at 9:28 PM  

  • We have the belief, we now have the will power. BUT we don't have an advantage anymore. A lot of people (including me) look at the FEU squad as an equal to DLSU's. If our guys are hungry, they're going to have to prove it out there.

    By Blogger friendly-journeyer, at September 20, 2004 at 10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home