The long and winding journey...

Friday, September 17, 2004

Instant Potpourri

Today was a day about nothing in particular. I'm really hoping I'll have a lot more of that this year.

Anyway, SYANAD1 was my first (and last) class for today. As always, it's just the usual lecture. But how long will it stay that way? After that, I went to William Shaw to finish the prelims of Brainstorm 2004. The students did well, but not all were necessarily super-smart. Anyway, 8 of them made it through to the finals, which were:

1. Chiang Kai Shek
2. UP Integrated School
3. San Beda College
4. Quezon City Science High School
5. Makati Hope High School
6. Philippine Cultural High School
7. Manila Science High School
8. Elizabeth Seton School

After that, I had to go to the DBAPDEV meeting. Basically, we got our group directories and agreed that all of us should try to look for model companies already. With that, maybe you guys can help me out. If you have contacts who work in companies that make plastic bags (supot), please let me know in the comments, on the tagboard, or email me if you know my address. If ever, please do so by Sunday. :)

Moving on, I ate lunch with Ross, Ellen, Val and co. at the Venue. The food tasted pretty good actually. Too bad it cost me P100. O well... Before going home, I stopped by William Shaw again to watch the 1st part of the finals with Don and co. I also saw the results of the individual round (separate from the prelims before and the finals after), which were:

1st - Chiang Kai Shek
2nd - Makati Hope
3rd - Quezon City Science

At this point, I overheard a conversation from the teachers, which left me a tad... surprised.

Teacher 1: Sayang naman yung bata natin! Muntik na maka-3rd!
Teacher 2: Oo nga eh. Bakit sa kanila na-consider, sa atin hindi? Dapat na-consider na rin yung sagot natin! Mas malapit sagot natin eh!
Teacher 1: Oo nga...
Teacher 2: Tingnan mo naman, sagot natin 'rebooting', sagot nila 'boot'. Mas malapit sagot natin! Sobra nga tayo ng 2 letter eh... Sa kanila, kulang pa ng 3! Sayang talaga...

Take note that the answer to the question they were referring to was 'booting' (the loading of the OS into memory). Dang... And to think those were teachers! I'm not telling which school. ;)

After watching the 1st 1/4 of the Finals (where QC Science publicly complained to Dr. Raposa, one of the judges, on considering two of the answers to a question... that was a bit fiery, too), I had to leave already to drop by Sony near Makati Hope.

There, I had to pick up my antique Discman. I ended up not getting it anyway, because the technician missed the other problem (at the earphone jack) and had to fix it again. I was told to come back tomorrow. It was kind of irritating, because the girl at the reception wasn't so helpful. But then again, I had to make do because I wasn't allowed to talk to the technician. (It's company policy; it must be to prevent technicians from snatching away personal customers from Sony.)

From there, I went home. I watched some F1 videos first, then slept. But I OVERslept, so I missed Iron Chef. :( I'll just try to watch the replay tomorrow morning. So I went on the Net instead and found out a lot has been going on in Formula 1. Both good news and sad news for F1 enthusiasts. But I'll talk about it in a future entry. (This is getting very long already!) If you're really interested, check out your nearest F1 news site. ;)

So there! That's it for today... Tomorrow will be fun. My first teaching gig in the morning, then Market! Market! and movies in the afternoon. This should be interesting... :D

Forza!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home